Monday, July 14, 2008

I've had some problem with the logging computer, but I DO have a copy of the logs on a thumb drive. I was looking at the logs, and realized I worked 45 DXCC Entities: I had no idea I had done so well. Thanks for all of the QSOs!

Some of the most memorable QSOs almost didn't happen... On July 8th, I was supposed to QRT before dawn, and catch the 7:30am flight to St Maarten, but my wife and I wanted to spend a few more relaxing hours on Saba. We were able to delay the flight until 4:30 pm, so we spent some time looking at a nearby cottage for rent, and then went to the shop behind the church in Hell's Gate, where they sell the famous Saba Lace. These women are true artists, and their lace work is very delicate. After walking around, my wife took a nap, and I snuck in a few more hours of operating. The opening to EU netted a few extra countries, a number of Italian QSOs, and the noteworthy QSOs with 4X4DK and SV8CS! Thanks to I0JX who alerted me that 4X4DK was calling. Appearantly a lot of guys in this opening were hearing me better than I was hearing them.

Here is a list of DXCC Entities worked:

4X
9A
9H
CT (8 QSOs)
CT3
CU
CY0X
DL (63 QSOs)
E7
EA (17 QSOs)
EA8
EI
ES
F (27 QSOs)
FJ
G (87 QSOs)
GD
GI
GM
GW
HA
HB0
HB9
I
IS0
K
KP4
LX
LY
OE
OH
OK
ON
OZ
PA (44 QSOs)
PJ7
PY
S5 (13 QSOs)
SM
SP
SV
V4
VE
VP2M
Z3

No comments: